SHIFT Foundation collects your personal information when you provide it directly, as well as from [public sources and] third parties such as those identified below under “use and disclosure of information”. Information collected from third parties may include information relating to prospective employees and individuals who have been recommended to assist SHIFT Foundation.
Use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose your personal information for purposes including:
- to seek, facilitate and record your participation in SHIFT Foundation’s initiatives and programs;
- to respond to your comments or questions and provide follow-up information about SHIFT Foundation;
- to ask for further assistance to the extent permitted by law;
- for administrative purposes including research, planning, service development and internal reporting;
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in SHIFT Foundation; or
- to assess or monitor your relationship with SHIFT Foundation as a potential, current or former employee, volunteer or contractor.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information. For example, we may not be able to contact you, provide services to you or offer employment to you.
Some of these tasks are performed with the assistance of our volunteers and contractors, and we may share personal information with those parties. SHIFT Foundation also outsources certain tasks involving personal information to third party service providers including organisations that provide [archival, auditing, professional advice, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, technology and research services]. In relation to being a SHIFT Foundation employee, volunteer or contractor, we may also share personal information with your referees and past, present and prospective employers and customers.
You may browse our website under the domain name shiftfoundation.org without providing any personal information. In common with many websites we or our internet service providers may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to our website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the website.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to visitors. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback about privacy, please contact us.